W hile the market for inflatable stand up paddle boards is still relatively new, there are quite a few products that exceed expectations durability- and performance-wise.
Among these revered models is the Roc 10’5” that comes fully equipped in the features and accessories departments. Moreover, its all-around design makes it suitable for paddle boarders of all skill levels, providing unparalleled stability in flat water and small waves.
You can tell a lot about a board’s quality by looking at the materials it is made with and luckily, the Roc iSUP is one of the few inflatables actually made to withstand intense use due to its rough build. It is actually made with military-grade PVC material that is virtually indestructible and features drop-stitch technology which seals the parts together strong enough for them to never come off.
Despite the tough materials used in the manufacturing process and rigidity, it stays light and travel-friendly so that you won’t have a hard time carrying it even when you go on vacation. Its build makes it able to accommodate a maximum weight limit of 275 pounds as well, which is within industry standards. Depending on how much you weigh and what you intend to secure to the bungee system while on it, you can even take your pet or kid for a ride as its capacity allows it.
- The 32” width of the board makes it large enough for an adult to sit comfortably on it and properly adjusted for the activity taken up, whether it is fishing, fitness, yoga, or surfing.
- As it measures 10’5” in length, it caters to riders of different sizes. Thus, you and your loved ones can take turns using it as it is likely to accommodate everyone’s needs.
- As for thickness, the 6” profile of the board provides the rigidity and stability users of all skill levels require, regardless if we are talking about beginners or pros.
The extra-wide design is a plus as it enhances the board’s performance on all water conditions, the Roc being easiest to maneuver in flat water due to the high stability it maintains. However, versatility is one of its key traits, so you can expect it to perform at its peak even on rivers and white waters as long as your skill level allows it, the board being up to the challenge as it boasts the right shape, thickness, and navigation system to allow you full control over maneuvering it.
If comfort and stability are of utmost importance to you as you paddle board, the Roc is exactly what you need as its design promotes these aspects first and foremost. While its measurements do weigh a lot in providing the stability you seek, it is the tri-fin setup it boasts that actually makes it work like a charm as it allows easy navigation regardless of water conditions.
- Round nose: This particular design trait clearly indicates the all-around profile it boasts which makes it great for yoga, fitness, touring, as well as recreational paddling as the round shape of the nose helps it glide without any hiccups.
- Diamond grooved EVA traction pad: It provides a soft padded area where you can place your body, feet, or knees to stay safe from skidding and have a comfortable experience overall. Moreover, the traction pad adds to its thickness and stiffness, enhancing the rugged feel of the board.
- Tri-fin navigation system: It consists of 2 fixed side fins and a central removable fin that help enhance navigation performance so that you have an easy time maneuvering the board while adding to its stability so that even beginners have an easy time paddleboarding.
- Bungee system: The 6 stainless steel D-rings it features are connected with a bungee cord to provide you with secure storage on the deck. You can use the system to safely carry items like a cooler, fishing gear, and other accessories you need on your ride.
- Center carry handle: At the center of its deck you find a rigid carry handle that makes it easy to transport the SUP when it is fully inflated.
|Dimensions||10’5” x 32” x 6”|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & drop-stitch|
|Weight Limit||275 lbs.|
|Maximum Air Pressure||15 PSI|
|Included Accessories||Leash, pump, waterproof bag, carry backpack|
An iSUP with a complete package is what you should aim for if you want to enjoy a good deal and this is exactly what you receive with the Roc model. You won’t have to deal with the hassle and money-waste involved with separately acquiring accessories with this board as the package includes the following:
- Waterproof bag to keep your camera/phone in and take beautiful underwater pictures;
- Safety leash that you attach to the D-ring on the rear of the board to keep it in your proximity even when you fall off;
- Carry backpack to conveniently place it in for easy transportation and compact storage;
- Pump that you use to inflate the SUP in record time and with little to no effort on your part.
- Tri-fin setup enhances stability and navigation performance
- Made of a virtually indestructible material – military-grade PVC
- Features a center carry handle for ease of transportation
- Performs well in all water conditions, flat and agitated
- Designed for use by riders of all skill levels
- Central fin might detach easily – handle with caution
- Some customers report difficulties when inflating the board
Frequently Asked Questions
Ranking high even when compared to what the market has best to offer, the Roc 10’5” is an all-around iSUP we recommend as it doesn’t need to be changed with the passing of time, catering to paddleboarders of all skill levels. Thus, as long as you stay within the 275-pound weight limit it can accommodate, you can use it for years on end without worrying that it might not perform well enough for your needs anymore.
Moreover, as it is designed to perform well in all water conditions, regardless if we are talking about oceans, lakes, or even rivers, there is no limitation to when and where you can use it as long as a body of water is involved for you to ride the board on.